Archive for the “Macs” Category
I switched to a Mac recently after using PCs for many years.
Before the switch, I checked the internet marketing and design programs on my PC to see if they were Mac compatible or had Mac equivalents.
With the ones that weren’t going to work in the Mac OS, I discovered that I could run them by putting Windows on the Mac with Parallels Desktop 5.0 . This has worked quite well, and has had better reviews and test results than it’s main competitor of late.
However, ideally programs are Mac compatible.
Popular Internet Marketing Software that Also Runs on Macs
1. Almost everything that is WordPress related (like plugins) will work on Macs because the software is usually uploaded to your site, not run from your computer. To learn how to use WordPress for marketing see: WordPress-for-Internet-Marketers-Review
2. Market Samurai - fantastic keyword tool that gets better and better almost weekly
3. Skype - allows you to call your clients and cronies computer-to-computer for free, or for very low rates to phones.
4. Mozilla FireFox is my favorite browser with GREAT add-ons for internet marketers.
5. FileZilla is a free FTP software for uploading and managing files on websites
6. RoboForm - doesn’t run on the Mac computers, but it DOES run on iPhone or IPod Touch so that’s handy. This program securely automates online password entering and form filling. No need to remember your passwords again! If you have several websites/blogs, belong to forums, or do anything that requires a password online and you want security, this is super.
8. Camtasia Studio - the Mac version was released recently for a great price. It’s cheaper than the PC version! This is popular screen recording software that is often used for software tutorials.
9. VLC player - great multi- media player that allows you to play many different file types. Great on both PCs and Macs!
~ Lillea Woodlyns